Based in Southeast Asia
Press / Business contact:
Boomzap Entertainment is a virtual game development studio headquartered in Singapore, and is proud to be a regional leader in the rapidly growing Southeast Asian game development industry. Since its formation in 2005, Boomzap has developed and released over 50 game titles on PC, Mac, Wii, iPad, iPhone and Android, winning multiple awards and selling tens of millions of units worldwide, making it one of the top casual game studios in the industry today.
About the ProjectOverview
Rescue Quest is a path-based scrolling match-3 game by Boomzap Entertainment based on the studio's successful Jewels of Cleopatra franchise but in a completely different theme. It was originally released for mobile with a free-to-play model, followed by a complete regionalized, art reskin called Mabeop Peojeul Aillaendeu (Magic Puzzle Island) designed for an Asian audience. A remastered version for PC and Mac and relaunched on Android, was developed and self-published by Boomzap in 2017.Initial Release on the App Store
In November 2014, Rescue Quest was officially launched on the App Store by casual games publisher Chillingo. The iOS version was made available worldwide excluding China, Japan, Korea, and Southeast Asia. This release follows the enchanting adventure of young apprentices Boom and Zap and their quest to rescue the Spritelings. As of December 2016, it has received over 2 million downloads. In 2017, the Chillingo version of the game was removed from the App Store and all rights have been reverted to Boomzap.South Korean Release on Google Play
An Android version for Kakao was released in April 2015 on the Google Play Store for Kakao with Gravity as its publisher. This version was localized into the South Korean language and included a complete art reskin of the game, with the main characters renamed to Harry and Muse. During the launch, it reached #1 Free Puzzle App and #4 Free Game in South Korea. However, the game was eventually closed by Gravity in this market and all rights have been reverted to Boomzap.Relaunching Rescue Quest Gold
As of 2017, all rights to Rescue Quest on all platforms have been returned to Boomzap Entertainment, and the game has been closed by the previous publishers in their respective markets. Boomzap then started working on a remastered version called Rescue Quest Gold, developing it for both desktop and mobile with an all-new ending, improved special effects, and without any free to play elements. It has have a premium model (pay once and play) with no ads, in-app purchases, or energy limits. Aside from relaunching on App Store and Google Play, Rescue Quest Gold is made available on Steam and other major gaming portals.What Makes It Unique
Because of its path-scrolling mechanic, the game is able to combine classic match-3 elements with strategy as players guide their avatar towards a goal by matching the right tokens in a certain order. It has an adventure storyline set in various regions with unique terrain obstacles and enemies roaming around the board, which adds another layer of challenge. Aside from the usual power-ups in match-3 games, there are also spells that can be recharged and sometimes necessary to complete certain levels. There are also other level objectives such as finding keys, defeating enemies, or racing across the map.
Rescue Quest Gold - Official Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Boomzap Entertainment, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Finalist" - Indie Prize Showcase - Casual Connect Amsterdam, February 2014
- "Best New Games" - iTunes App Store, November 2014
- "Top 1 Free Puzzle Game and Top 4 Free App" - Google Play Store, April 2015
- "Finalist" - Indie Prize Showcase - Casual Connect Singapore, May 2017
- "Rescue Quest keeps the core of what makes Match-3 great, and then adds a little extra strategic depth"
- Peter Willington, AppSpy
- "Rescue Quest is a pretty decent free to play match-stuff puzzler… It’s all nicely presented, with lots of shiny colours and glittery glowy power-ups, and the puzzling is smooth and easy in its own way"
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer
- "Rescue Quest feels a cut above the rest within the genre… a mostly enjoyable take on the usual match-3 format"
- Jennifer Allen, 148Apps
- "Overall, the game is solid and fun. It has those familiar match-3 concepts and then makes them a little different with a dose of mission-based adventure."
- Darren Jackson, Gameoos
- "Rescue Quest offers up enough magic to keep gamers coming back for more"
- Greg Srisavasdi, Arcade Sushi
- "While its roots are firmly planted in match-3 puzzles, Rescue Quest is still different enough to feel like something new "
- Rob Rich, Pocket Gamer
- "Rescue Quest Gold is a uniquely fun yet challenging, buy-once-to-play match-3 puzzle adventure game that provides its players with a refreshing new way to enjoy the hugely popular casual game genre"
- Aveyn Toh, Worldwide Games Database
- "A step up from the typical match-3 puzzler in terms of overall challenge and strategic depth"
- Matt Litten, VGBlogger
- "Addicting, beautiful, and expertly-designed - Rescue Quest Gold is an all-around enchanting Match 3 game."
- Teetat Srethbhakdi, All About Casual Game
Rescue Quest Gold on Steam
Available for download on PC and Mac store.steampowered.com.
Rescue Quest Gold on Google Play
Available for download on Android play.google.com.
Rescue Quest Gold on Big Fish Games
Available for download on PC and Mac bigfishgames.com.
Rescue Quest Gold on GameHouse
Available for download on PC gamehouse.com.
Rescue Quest Gold on iWin
Available for download on PC iwin.com.
Rescue Quest Gold on WildTangent
Available for download on PC wildtangent.com.
Magic Puzzle Island
Official website for South Korean version http://magic.gnjoy.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Co-Founder, Technical Director
Co-Founder, Creative Director